Monday 4 January 2010

Year ticking

With most people back at work it was time to get out there intrepid into the field year-ticking.  Sort of.  Actually I have thought about doing a year list, but I know it won't be a very good one due to time/cost constraints.  I'll do a little one then.

To Far Ings.  Had a circumpolar walk around the perimeter of the reserve, not a lot apart from a Woodcock flushed from the path.  Into Ness hide.  Put up the shutter, quick scan with naked eyeballs, "shit, the lake's frozen over, nothing on it what-so-fucking-ever......Hey, what's that..........it's a Bittern!"  Sat right in the open, bill in the air, just in front of me, it was obviously aware of my movements.  It looked around for a bit, eye-balles me, then flew off over the lake.  Then another one walked out but much more distantly.
Five minutes, 2 Bitterns plus a Woodcock, good start.
Then it kicked off massively!  And I mean fucking massive year-tick tastic!
Another Bittern flew across further around the reserve, Water Railshowed really well, then Willow Tit, then a Buzzard went north, then Sparrowhawk was mega mega then a Goldeneyed Duck, then a lovely smashing super great drake Smew, let's have a look what you could've won, oh it's a speedboat.
So, a Smew, a white nun.  Ace.

Two nuns are driving down a road late at night when a vampire jumps onto the bonnet.  The nun who is driving says to the other, "Quick! Show him your cross."  So the other nun leans out of the window and shouts, "Get off our fucking car!"
Not bad.

Hang on, I've thought of another.

Mother Superior in the bath.  Sister calls "Mother Superior, there's a blind man here to see you".
Mother Superior replies "Okay, if he's blind let him in, it's fine"
Blind man walks in and says "Nice tits, where do you want the blinds?"
Old that one.  Really old.

In summary, a good start to the massive 'big one' year list.  58!  Fuck me, that's huge.  Might go to Spurn this week but fuck my old boots it's cold.

There is the Bittern.  Very close.  Photograph taken
with a Nokia N95 without 500mm lens.  If anyone wants a print
of the above "amazing" photo, please e-mail me and I'll send
you one without the arrow on. 
I've even put a copyright thing across it so nobody lifts it
off, prints it out and enters it in a wildlife photography competition.



...................

No comments:

Post a Comment