Sunday 17 May 2009

Spurn Point.........

Walked the triangle. A Golen Oriole has been around but typically flighty and elusive. I came across two birders that were obviously twins and looked quite remarkably like Harry Enfield! Both of them! Ha. They really did, it was just great.

1 Fulmar
1 Marsh Harrier (cream-crown, south)
3 Sedge Warbler
1 Little Egret
2 Wheatear
2 Tim-nice-but-Dims (blogging)
14 Barwits went south, and
4 Greylags south was about the best of it.

Some regulars were viz-migging, and as ever check out the full list numbers on the website.
On arrival at the Warren, a Golden Oriole was singing in the bushes which had me straining my neck and eyeballs, alas to no avail. It was bright sunshine and the Humber foreshore would be an ideal suntrap for an Oriole wanting to express it's sexual urges to a passing female so I wandered whether it was sat out in view. I wondered over onto the shore and the bird flushed and perched not too far away. A few birders joined me and we had good views of a young male. Fucking nice, pet.

On the way back, I had a brief look around Easington where 2 Grey Partridge showed well and a Yellowhammer was doing a piss.



.......................

No comments:

Post a Comment