Tuesday 22 March 2011

Spurn

Well I never. A White-spot Bluethroat at Spurn. Hardly mega news. But it is mega news. It's not mega news from a national outlook, no way Jose, but from the observatory's outlook this is the first record of this form for some 55 years! Local Mega! Local Mega sub-species actually. Not here today though, no way. In fact all that was here today were some Meadow Pipits, a Goldeneye, some Skylarks, a dead trainer on the beach looked like an Adidas, 5 Cockerels, loads of old blokes in waxed jackets, a Hercules flying about, two disgusting toads that were doing disgusting things to each other right out in the open for all to see the disgusting perverts, and two cheshire cheese sandwiches in baps that I'd made and took along with me. I am now incredibly ashamed of my actions. Why the fuck did I take pre-made sandwiches with me? What was I thinking? Have I turned into a packed lunch / flask of tea / 'ooh look it's a lovely Reed Bunting' brigade? Fuck me, I won't be doing that again. I'll carry on with the fly-by-the-seat-of-your-pants style of birding that I'm used to where making sure I've got enough petrol, roadmaps, and pre-made sandwiches are definite no-nos. It is ironic that fish are now eating raw Japanese though.

No comments:

Post a Comment