Thursday 26 December 2019

Year round up part 2

Next “new bird” for the year was the Black Headed Bunting at Flamborough. Adult Male. Went with children in tow. They nearly got run over several times as we were viewing from the verge of the main road into Flamboyant. Still, I was watching a Black Heeded Bunt not looking after their welfare. The children have seen some good birds as I drag them off on a twitch if Fats is at work, I promise ice cream and tell them it’s only ten minutes away then drive the hour and twenty to Flamboyant, buy zero ice creams then drive the hour and twenty back home with two girls crying and screaming whilst clawing at the car windows as if  trying to escape as I think of only myself when it comes to a lifer. In Yorkshire to boot.

The girls have seen some good birds, erm, Pec Sand, Greenish, Arctic, Yellow Brows, Black H Bunt, Masked Shrike, GG Shrike, I wish I’d taken them along to the Sibe Acc so they could be totally fucking underwhelmed by another great bird. They haven’t seen Dunnock and Linnet though which is amusing.

This BH Bunt was surprising in that some pretty big listers “needed” it. Indeed, I think Nick who covers Long Nab needed it for 500! I may be wrong, I could be right, I could be black I could be White your time has come your second skin.

I haven’t really told you anything about the bird or it’s behaviour: It was in a field, like fucking about on the tops of the crops and was an adult male and there was some like, Linnets fucking about with it, I don’t mean like, fucking about with it I mean like, just fucking about and that. So maybe the kids have seen Linnet after all.
Oh and it was May. Or June. Probably.


Until next time...goodbye.

Was that the end of children’s 70s/80s television programme Rainbow? Geoffrey said it.
Not sure.
Anyway.
No! It was”Until tomorrow....goodbye”.
Or was it? I’m not sure. Not bothered anyway.


No comments:

Post a Comment