Monday 13 September 2010

Very important information on the probable Collared Fly at Spurn

Well, this interesting bird has caused a lot of discussion on the forums and blogs here and there, so I thought I'd do my best to get some information back on this controversial Flycatcher.  Much research has been done in Sweden on identification of the two species concerned, plus some detail on hybrids.  I thought I best dig a little deeper for myself, so I e-mailed a few people over there in Sweden who are supposedly experts in this field:


Hi there ABBA!
I am liking very much your Waterloo, I play it on a weekend and dance like Bjorn, I like, yes. As you are the Swedish people and the Swedish people know about these things, I am looking for some help. There was a bird at Spurn Point (England) this week that was either a Pied Flycatcher, a Collared Flycatcher or a hybrid of the two. There are some pictures at birdingfrontiers.com under the post called 'Collared Flycatcher part 2'. Have you any opinions on this bird? I know Agnetha has become a bit of a recluse so if you can't get in touch with her just give the opinions of the other three if you can.




Thanks in advance,




Mark Q.

(I really did send them the above e-mail) and I recieved this back:



Thanks for contacting ABBA at this time, unfortunately we are unable to help at this moment.


Thanks for taking an interest in ABBA,

Our central address:



INTERNATIONAL ABBA FAN CLUB
P.O. Box 3079
4700 GB Roosendaal
The Netherlands
Telephone: +31 (0) 165 565 005 (Tuesdays between 19.00 and 22.00 C.E.T.)
Fax: +31 (0) 165 566 023
E-mail: info@abbafanclub.nl





Fuck you then, Bjorn!
And fuck you as well Benny, you bearded twat.




.............

No comments:

Post a Comment