Monday 15 February 2010

Guest Entry #2

We've got another guest entry, this time from an online publisher.
Lee, 62 from Bedfordshire has pasted an entry direct from his birding blog from April last year:




Welcome, my subjects to the website of the British Association of Birding (BAB) which I invented myself and is now THE authority on everything to do with birds in this country and indeed abroad.  I have made myself President and all records of rarities will now be overviewed by myself, thus rendering the BOU and BBRC obsolete.  This report is brought to you in association with Alert: Rare Bird! and uses information gleaned from local birders, gleaned from regional birdlines, gleaned from e-mail groups and certain words gleaned from Roget's Thesaurus.

April 29th 2009.
Please can all subjects going to see the Dungeness Crested Lark tomorrow please not go anyway near the bird as I am travelling down to see it and I will be on-site at around 10a.m.  Please have respect for others travelling and definitely do not do an organised flush before 10a.m.

There will be an organised flush at 10a.m.

I will of course organise this and at this point all respect for people still travelling can be forgotten.  Please follow on-site instructions.  I need Crested Lark so do as I say.

Posted by Sir Lee Heavens at 21:56





Thanks for that Lee.  Not much swearing in it, or anything remotely funny.  You haven't even entered into the "childishly-editted-picture-at-the-end" look that is used on other less popular birding blogs, but still a good read. 
Thanks very much.



..................

No comments:

Post a Comment