Wednesday 25 May 2011

I knew I had something to tell you....

...or nothing as the case may be.

Just a polite notice to everyone who e-mailed me asking for Ollie's number:

No, he doesn't always dress like that and no, you can't meet him privately.  And particularly to "therapist" via Private Message on Birdforum:  I really don't think he does that sort of thing, but yes, his Norks are nice.  Also, I think you've missed a space out of your username, I think there should be a space after the "e" but thanks for getting in touch.

So what did I have to tell you?
Well, I went vis-migging and chose probably the quietest day at Spurn for a while. I was "expecting" a Red-Rumped Swallow or a Monty's at some point which shows just how Spurn has been this Spring.  Expect a Red-Rump?  Expect a Monty's?  You almost come away disappointed this year if you don't see at least one of these or something rarer like Bee-eater, Black Kite, Purple Heron......etc. 

As I say, today was relatively quiet with Swallows at a trickle.  Still, I'd missed a Serin by an hour and then decided to go check Sammy's as nearly all birders on site where vis-migging at the top of Clubley's (rightly so, even during a "quiet" day, they sit/stand all day and always pull something decent - rewards for the dedication I suppose, just look at the quality and quantity HERE).  I popped into Easington shop for a sarnie and bumped into Garry.  Then on reading his account for the day it must've been just as I left the shop his radio went off and he shot off to catch up with a Monty's at the narrows!  Big Brown Balls.  The Monty's had totally bypassed me as I got to Sammy's.  Still, at Sammy's there was MASSIVE recompense with a Cuckoo, 2 Yellow Wags, 3 Wheatears and some horses.  One horse had it's horse cock out and it obviously knew it.  When I say it looked at me funny, it really did, and honestly it was a proper funny look.  It was quite unnerving really, it was stood about 7 feet away, fence between us mind, but it stared at me and followed me with his eyes as I went past.  It KNEW it had it's big black horse cock out and it was as if it was looking for some sort of reaction from me.  I kid you not.  I've decided horses are fucking bombed out when they've got their cocks out and will have nothing to do with them in this state in the future.


Hoss Cock


Vis-migging totals:
352 Swallows
32 House Martin
1 Marsh Harrier (north)
3 Alba Wags (north)
1 Turnstone
some other stuff,
no Monty's
no horse
4 Losing interest with this
12 Better end it (north)
74 Getting silly now
1 Tawny Pipit a few days later on Lagoons which showed quite nicely considering the HOWLING wind and a probable Water Pipit which looked just like a Water Pipit except that I couldn't see it's head for some dense grass.


Water Pipette



Betwixt the lack of Monty's and the Tawny was a lack of Black Stork.  I had an airport run (Heathrow) so popped just a couple of miles off the M1 on the way back and didn't see the Black Stork that had been around for a few days.  Then I came home to see this on the TV:

BBC News: Bad drivers to face £100 fines




Seems a bit sexist.
 
Then I sat down and started checking last nights lottery.
"If you win the lottery, the first thing I want you to get me is a face lift and a boob job" said my 49 year old girlfriend as I was checking it.

"Fuck that, the first thing I'm gonna get is a reconditioned engine and a respray for my Mondeo" I replied.

"Why would you waste your money tarting that old thing up, you might as well get yourself a new one" she said.

"My point exactly."




.........................

No comments:

Post a Comment